Laura offers talking therapy to adults and adolescents with a wide range of psychological difficulties including
- Trauma (experienced in childhood or adulthood)
- Relational and attachment difficulties
- Emotional dysregulation
- Depression or low mood
- Anxiety related difficulties
- Eating disorders
- Bereavement, loss and transitions
- Substance misuse or other addictive behaviours
- Adjustment to life changes
Laura offers both short and long-term therapy using an integrative approach drawing upon a range of therapeutic modalities including psychodynamic psychotherapy, cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT), compassion focused therapy, and mindfulness in order to tailor an intervention that will meet the needs of each client.
Her focus is always on creating a safe and secure environment for clients in which a trusting relationship can develop. She is able to offer a consistent way of working at a pace the client is comfortable with. She also offers supervision to professionals and trainees.
Laura has worked with children, adolescents and adults presenting with a wide range of mental health issues since 2012. She has worked within the NHS, education settings and the third sector, and is currently Clinical Lead for the North region of a fostering and residential care service, providing assessment and therapy to children and adolescents who have experienced complex trauma, as well as training and consultation to adults who care for them.
Qualifications and Training
- Doctorate in Counselling Psychology
- BSc (First Class Hons) Forensic Psychology
- Story Stem Assessment Profile Training
- Level 3 Safeguarding
- Level 3 Counselling
- Level 3 Substance Misuse
- Level 3 Bereavement Counselling
Registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)