1-2-1 yoga sessions available for now adults and children/teens with Yoga with Debs Classes starting in the new year.
Each session is tailored to you. If you’ve never done yoga before, we’ll start with some breathing practices and work through some fundamental yoga postures, alignment and progress the practice from there. No rush, no pressure. Each class is slightly different depending on how you’re feeling and what you’d like to get out of it.
Why book 1-2-1 yoga class? You may like to:
- have a 1-1 before starting regular classes
- develop your existing practice
- work therapeutically according to your needs
- learn more about relaxation techniques
Debs is trained to teach all ages from babies to adults and has additional training in teaching yoga to children with additional needs.
Please contact Debs@yogawithdebs.org.uk or 0785 753 7905 for enquiries.
Angela Gibbons, Qualified Female Personal Trainer
Diploma in Level 2 Fitness instructing & Level 3 Personal Training, awarding body Active IQ.
Diploma in Level 3 Exercise Referral, awarding body Active IQ.
What I offer:
I’m currently working as a Personal Trainer holding fitness classes and training people who suffer certain conditions, with exercise being advisable and very beneficial. I am fully qualified, and able to help people who do suffer certain conditions, especially age related. After an initial consultation I am able to produce an exercise programme specific to my clients needs. I offer Personal Training Sessions as well as Exercise Referral Classes. I do need GP approval before any clients participate in any exercise sessions.
Conditions I offer exercise programmes for:
- Hypertension (High blood pressure)
- Hypercholesterolaemia (High Cholesterol)
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Simple Mechanical (non-specific) Back Pain
- Total Joint Replacement
- £45 – 60 minute initial consultation
- £35 – 45 minute personal training session
- £40 – 60 minute personal training session
- £20 – Exercise Referral Classes
Benefits of Physical Activity in older adults:
- Reduces the risk of premature death by 20-30%
- Reduces the risk of developing coronary heart disease, strokes, diabetes and certain cancers.
- Improves functional capacity and psychological wellbeing.
- Increases independence in older people.
- Reduces the risk of back pain, reduces stiffness, nourishes cartilage.
- Increases bone density therefore reduces the risk of Osteoporosis.
- Improves joint and muscle strength, and range of movement.
- Reduces the risk of stress, anxiety and clinical depression.
- Reduces the risk of falls in older adults, by improving strength, coordination and balance.
- Improves weight loss, reducing the risk of obesity.
- Helps to reduce and normalise mild hypertension (blood pressure).
- Improves the quality of life and general wellbeing.
For more details call: the Tower Clinic on: 0113 2672067 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Exercises for your own individual abilities. Including seated workouts for those who may struggle.
Yoga for children with additional needs includes the classical yoga practices of movement, breathing, deep relaxation combined with sound, rhythm, massage and sensory integration techniques.
Having completed training with Special Needs Yoga my understanding is that we can help take children out of their stressed state and help them move into a relaxed state that creates the optimum condition and possibility for positive change.
Simply starting by meeting every child with a pure intention to create a practice that encourages them to reach their fullest potential and celebrating the strength within each child we work from there.
The benefits can include:
- Improving motor control and motor planning skills
- Developing physical strength, muscle tone and balance
- Promoting flexibility and correcting postural misalignment
- Increasing self-awareness
- Establishing calm, organised mental states
- Improve concentration
- Reduce hyperactivity
- Relieve respiratory ailments
- Develop the ability to relax
- Release tension
- Reduce fear, frustration and stress
- Enrich the quality and quantity of sleep
Movement Based Learning techniques are incorporated in the yoga sessions with the children to develop a a personalised movement program that will enhance a more integrated way of learning. This will allow for the child to accomplish his goals in life with greater ease – the goal may be walking, talking, self-feeding, reading with ease, organizing classroom tasks, relating to peers or learning to self-regulate behaviors.
For more information please contact Debs@yogawithdebs.org.uk or 0785 753 7905.
With gratitude, Deborah
0785 753 7905