Dr Abbas is a medical doctor specialising in Psychiatry. She trained in Medicine at St Bartholomew’s and the London School of Medicine and Dentistry, Queen Mary University of London, qualifying in 2006. She trained in psychiatry in London, Leicester and Leeds. She has been a member of the Royal College of Psychiatrists since 2011. She became a consultant psychiatrist in 2015.
Dr Abbas works as a NHS Consultant Liaison Psychiatrist at St James University Hospital in Leeds. Her main interests and experience are in assessing and managing patients who present in mental health crisis both in community and hospital settings. In addition, her work includes managing patients with a combination of physical and psychiatric difficulties.
Dr Abbas sees patients aged 18 to 65 years. She has specific clinical expertise in depression, mood disorders, anxiety, disorders including post-traumatic stress disorder and personality disorders. She also has a special interest in mental health in the workplace and offers specialist occupational psychiatry assessments and opinions for employees and employers on a range of work-related matters.
Dr Abbas offers:
- Psychiatric assessment and diagnostic clarity for individual self-referrals, private, public and voluntary sector organisations.
- Bespoke treatment plan (including advice and recommendations for medication and psychological therapy if required)
- Specialist occupational psychiatry reports
- Medico-Legal reports for Asylum and Immigration and Employment Law
- Other medico-legal and specialist psychiatric reports