We offer a comprehensive assessment package designed to enable parents, carers, young people and other professionals to gain a better understanding of a child’s needs.
The child is central throughout the process and as such we endeavor to put their needs first.
Following the assessment and diagnosis where appropriate, a comprehensive report is compiled which includes advice and strategies pertinent to the child.
Our team comprises of highly experienced professionals including:
- Consultant Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist
- Consultant Clinical Psychologist
- Speech and Language Therapist
- Occupational Therapist
The comprehensive ASD assessment will include the following services:
- Screening questionnaires will be sent to the family before the assessment is commenced Families will attend an initial appointment with Dr Anna Kucharska Consultant Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist in order to obtain both a medical and family history of the child.
- This will take approximately 90 minutes and will determine if the child should have a full ASD assessment.
A detailed early years developmental history will be conducted by will be conducted by Dr Anna Kucharska. This will take approximately 90 minutes.
- An Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule (ADOS-2) will be performed by Dr Shripati Consultant Clinical Psychologist
A speech, language and social communication assessment will be administered by Annette Smith, Independent Speech and Language Therapist. The assessments are dependent upon the age of the child and include standardised tests, informal assessment and observation.
An Occupational Therapy assessment will be conducted by Jayne Murray, Occupational Therapist. This will include a
home and school visit assessing fine motor, sensory processing difficulties and access to childhood occupations.
Assessments often include joint professional working. This enables professionals to work together to formulate a professional opinion on a child’s strengths and areas of need as well as reducing
On completion of the assessment, a multi-disciplinary diagnostic decision will be made.
The child’s parents or carers will then attend an appointment where the outcome of the assessment is discussed with them and a comprehensive assessment report is provided.
Please note that a cognitive assessment is occasionally indicated and this can be arranged for an additional fee.
The cost of assessments start at £2500. Any follow up appointments will be charged separately.