Dr Hjordis Donoghue has over 15 years’ experience working across mental health, physical health and employee wellbeing settings. She currently works in the NHS as a senior clinical psychologist.
Hjordis is skilled at developing strong therapeutic relationships with both adolescents and adults. She works with people experiencing a wide range of psychological issues who have reached a point in their lives where they want to move forwards in a new way. Hjordis offers clients a range of highly tailored therapeutic approaches, including Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Compassion Focussed Therapy (CFT), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) and Mindfulness.
Alongside the provision of personal therapy, Hjordis also offers psychological skills training courses, supervision and teaching to allied health professionals.
- Stress / adjustment to life events
- Panic Attacks
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Self-esteem / self- confidence / assertiveness
- The impact of physical health conditions on emotional wellbeing
- Living with and beyond a cancer diagnosis
- Living with other health conditions such as chronic pain, kidney and liver disease as well as heart problems
- Workplace stress
- Managing work-life balance
- Developing personal Resilience
- BSc (Hons) Psychology
- MSc – Memory and its Disorders
- PGCert – Low Intensity CBT
- DClinPsy – Clinical Psychology
- Compassion Focussed Therapy 5 day course
- CBT-I – CBT for Insomnia
- Acceptance and Commitment Training for Workplace Settings
- Member of the British Psychological Society – Chartered Clinical Psychologist
- Registered with the Health and Care Professions Council – Practitioner Psychologist
Hjordis is registered with various insurance and healthcare companies such as BUPA, AXA, AVIVA, Nuffield, Vitality Health, Healix Health and Curian Medical.